Photocentric3D LC 10"

Hmm…

What I actually did was:

Both installation showed more or less the same behavior. In one of the installations I was indeed asked “Don’t have a printer installed? Try one of these:” and only LC10 could be selected.
In the other installation were different Printer types to choose from.

As far as I remember I did initially NOT touch any setting for display; I startet playing around BECAUSE the setups were not working.

But I´m quite happy for your support and will try to do a new, clean installation again.

Could you please just tell me, what image makes sense for me to use?
Are there potential issues I have to take care of during or after installation?

Many thanks!

BR, Ralf

I understand. I don’t maintain those images and I don’t have much faith in them having everything properly installed in the OS. They do actually work, but certain options aren’t available as you have just seen(Direct Raspberry Pi screens for jessie). If you aren’t interested in that they will work just fine.

Depending on screen size, you may have to perform a calibration, but generally the printer configuration should work out of the box. If not, repost here. :slight_smile:

Hello All,

Sorry to bump a really old thread, but I’ve recently got my hands on a LC 10" and would love to use it with a Raspberry Pi set-up however I’m having trouble with the included links in the thread.

I can install it on a Raspberry pi fine and control the printer but the screen doesn’t seem calibrated to the correct resolution as the parts I upload look the wrong shape.

I hope someone can help?

Thanks,

James.

Hi guys,

this is my first thread here.
I am using an LC10 too, it worked soso with using the last free version of CWS.
As it needs permanent PC connection I would too like to enable it wireless with an RPi.

Basically Photocentrics so calle WiFi Enabler as far as I undestood is nothing more than an RPi 3 with the RPi Foundations 7" Touch on the MIPI DSI port, which connects to USB and HDMI on the printer for Control and Pixels, running a branded/modified version of the Photonic3D Software.

I’ve been playing around with an RPi 3B+ I have here (no Touch Display yet) with a Noobs Raspian. Beeing pretty new to Linux RPi Community the RPi worked ok once wireless and I even can control Photonics3Dinstalled on it remotly from a remotedesktop under W10.
I can even control the Z Axis with it.

Unfortunately I do not see a Printscreen on the LC10s screen just the Raspian X on teh printer 10"…

Questions I’d have:

• is the KDE lite browser REQUIRED for the operation of Photonic3D?
  • Does Dual screen setup (both Displays outputs - DSI Touch and HDMI printscreen) REQUIRE both screens to function correctly and will the missing touch DSI prohibit Photonic3D from functioning?
  • Can - except the DSI 7" Touch RPi screen - any othe touch TFT be used like those 3.5" SPI based screens (given the display contend is routed there correctly and not to the DSI Port)

Thanks!

PS: basically a precompiled image liekthe printflow one the Photocentric WifiEnabler or LC HR would be great. Not necesserily with that same but a similiar look…