Kudo3D Titan 1

I’ve been running on a Kudo3D Titan 1 for a few months now and it works great. There are a few peculiarities to be aware of, however.

Here’s an overview of how it works, and how to zero the build plate by turning off the motors and turning the screw manually:

You also need to be careful not to hit the Z home button, because the machine has no hardware endstops but the default firmware doesn’t have the endstops disabled.

A modified version of the firmware that has the endstops disabled is below. You can load it using XLoader on Windows or HexLoader on Mac.

Kudo3D-FW.zip (46.8 KB)

I encountered stability problems with the CH-341 based USB-RS232 adapter used for projector control was plugged into the Raspberry Pi and replaced it with this PL-2302 based adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00425S1H8. If you encounter similar issues, you may need to do that same.

Update 2016-06-03: There is now a default template for the Titan 1 selectable when there are no printers configured. Please see the comments in the calculators for the lift distance, lift speed, and exposure to see the speed functions, with links to Desmos for graphs of what those functions do. The default settings are reasonably conservative, and should work for 3DM-XSeries and MakerJuice resins. They are slower than necessary for 3DM-ABS, and I have not tested them on any Spot-A resins.

Feel free to ask me any questions about this setup.