First of all huge thanks to you Photonic guys, awesome piece of software u created !
So now that my next tweaking steps will only amount to sub second gains i think im ready to share my setup
The KLD-2150-T1 is a relatively new machine with 8.9inch x / y print area which you can find on aliexpress for about 1k usd or even cheaper from taobao with and agent.
The machine is solidly build and with the price completely diying a printer is more of a question if you have fun building machines yourself rather than saving money. I do enjoy building machines myself, still bought the KLD
Setting it up has been hugely pain free, but only after that the real fun began.
As i learned resin printing mainly consists of two problems which we have to solve with a typical uv led / fep / bottom up setup: cycle times and supports.
To solve cycle times Photonic has been a huge help, i can get FTD ind clear to cure in 3,8s but its worth nothing without machine movement which can closely follow the physical limits of the machine.
With a lot of tinkering im now able to drive mechanical cycles at about 2,2s over 1000 layers incl first adhesion layers.
I might be able to get that number down to about 1.7s but them im really done ( Is anyone ever done with something ? )
Next steps for me are getting my hands on Teflon AF somehow, but that might be still some time off and switching to a TMC2100 based stepper driver as the printer becomes annoying when it moves every 4,8s
Again a huge thanks to you guys !
Latest config LogBundle (9).zip (82.3 KB)
( Only use if you know what everything does, this would have neither worked nor left my machine intact if i used it the first days )
------ Copy and paste of my tiny printer review ------
Hi guys, a quick summary for the KLD-2150 K1 i recently aliexpressed ( 8.9 inch 2560x1600 lcd panel ):
- Out of the box the cover was cracked ( to be expected the way its packaged )
- Spindle / stepper connector misaligned and not secured
- Power button loose
And ( i know nobody believes me now ) that was it, everything was quickly fixed, internal wiring all good etc ( but i would really advise to check it anyway )
Problems with the working unit:
Rotational sway between mounting block and build plate, check comments for a fix
12v 6v Buck converter only 32W same as in its smaller brothers YHD-101 / KLD 2150, despite 6x 10W ( to my best knowledge ) LEDs build in.
Aluminium posts connecting top and bottom plate misaligned.
Cover not really fitting the unit ( not enough height to allow Zs full range etc )
Psu only rated at 12v 5a barely enough with a proper buck converter
The protective film wasnt removed from the lcd and the flap to remove it hidden under the black tape. I removed the black tape completely and changed it to a much thinner electrical insulation tape as the thick black one gave me huge problems aligning the build plate first.
The right calibrating space between display and build plate is three layers of standard office printing paper, it needs to get stuck ever so slightly on all 4 corners of the display ( Check one after another )
Metal light funnel distorted, unscrew and aligned properly.
All in all no deal breakers, generally the unit has been built way better than expected:
Proper z Carriage
Ballnut screw with damping connector to the stepper
Solid ! all aluminium build ( results in a really heavy and stable machine )